27 Jun 2016
Welcome to summer—Time for fun in the sun!!! We love it too, but it does have its downsides. Here in Florida, summer is also our rainy season. With all of the rain heading our way, inspecting your home to prevent damage is a must! It’s not just the moisture we’re worried about. Yes you guessed it… It’s also time for those pesky insects to start making their way into our homes. Here are some easy things to check off your list to ensure that your home is summer ready!
1. Inspect wood structures– Be sure to inspect all wooden structures of your home. This includes the inside and outside of your house. Check for any rotting or damaged wood. Anything of this nature should be assessed quickly so that the damages do not worsen.
2. Check for termites– Termites can cause major damage before you even realize you have them. However, if you are annually checking for them, then you should be able to prevent these suckers from doing any major damage. They eat wood from the inside out, so it is hard to detect them unless you know what to look for. Check your window sills for small bunches of them and look around for encrusted mud tubes or dirt in or around small holes and cracks.
3. Prepare for hurricanes– We haven’t had a real hurricane in a while, but this does not predict that we won’t experience any in the near future. Check your home’s hurricane resistant features including things like shutters and windows. Be sure to caulk and weatherstrip windows and doors. Don’t forget to trim any tree limbs that are capable of falling onto your roof.
4. Pest control– If you were worried about pests getting in, well now is the time for them to do so. Make sure you are ahead of them by spraying inside and outside. Sealing your windows and doors will also help with this issue.
Thank you for reading and have a wonderful season!
-Colleen, ONEWAY ROOFING
For more info on roofing maintenance, visit our website: www.onewayroof.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
28 Apr 2016
Are you due for a roof replacement but unsure about what questions to ask? We understand that you expect your new roof to be completed at the highest of standards. When you hire a roofer it is essential to ask specific questions to ensure that your new roof is completed to be durable and longlasting. Here are seven necessary questions to ask that will guarantee you have selected the ideal roofing company.
- Are you licensed? – Always be sure that the roofer you are working with has a license that is up to date. Each company should have their license number handy for customers if desired. For example, our license number is CCC1329311. Any other roofing company should have a similar format.
- Do you have workman’s comp insurance? – Workman’s compensation insurance covers the company’s employees. If an employee is hurt on a jobsite this comes into play. Some companies will take their chances with this because of the high prices. It is important to avoid companies that do this. An injured employee can potentially sue a homeowner if they do not have this protection. You can view a copy of our workman’s compensation insurance on our website at the following link: http://onewayroof.com/aboutus/licensed-and-insured/
- Do you have general liability insurance? – General liability insurance covers your property. If there is major accident that causes damage to your home and the company does not have general liability insurance, then you are simply responsible for all damages. ONEWAY ROOFING does carry GL insurance and you can view our certificate at the link above.
- Do you provide a written estimate? Is it important to be given a detailed estimate before signing a contract for your roof. This estimate should include the cost of anything that could arise in the process of removing the original roof and replacing it with the new one. At ONEWAY, each customer is given a FREE written estimate that includes the details and total price for their new roof.
- Will you remove my old roof? – Without the removal of the old roofing materials, the condition underneath is left unknown. By overlaying an old roof with new roofing materials, this serves as a temporary fix and can be cheaper. However, this can be detrimental later on. The plywood underneath could potentially contain moisture. Over time this moisture leads to excess mold and even termites that can destroy the entire structure of your roof. For these reasons, we always remove old materials before putting on a new roof.
- What will you do in the case of inclimate weather during a job? – Especially in a place like Florida where it rains a lot, we have to make sure that we are extra aware. It is crucial that moisture stays away while your roof is in the process of being replaced. If it does happen to rain, our roofers use tarps to cover any and all exposed sections of the roof.
- What is the cost of plywood? – You may have noticed that moisture is a main issue, especially in Florida. If pieces of plywood are rotten, the company should replace them and ensure that you have a sound decking before moving forward in the process. If we find rotten or moldy pieces of plywood, we remove and replace up to 5 sheets and any additional are $75 per sheet. This includes labor costs, material fees, waste fees, and tearing off fees.
21 Apr 2016
ONEWAY ROOFING has come a long way in serving our community. Because of our faithful and valuable customers, we have continued to grow our company. We are so grateful to announce that residents of Palm Beach are increasingly reaching out to us for estimates daily. Since our customer demand is growing, we have set a goal to add five new estimators and ten new roofers to our team by the end of 2017. I would love to share with you just a few of the advantages to working with and for ONEWAY.
Our Estimators or Sales Representatives are those who help each customer through the process of selecting a roof for their home or helping determine the right repair needed for the most reasonable price. There are many advantages to being an estimator for ONEWAY. The obvious advantage is that our Estimators have no ceiling when it comes to earnings. These earnings grow as the company experiences more and more growth. Another highly sought after advantage of working in our sales departments is the flexibility of our scheduling platform, which allows for quality time with family or extra working hours as needed. Our top reps have built long lasting relationships with many of our customers and that has resulted in much success for both them and our company!
Along with our sales department, our roofers are an important asset to ONEWAY. While we are bringing on new team members, we would also like to expand our crew. There are many advantages to working on the ONEWAY crew. Our crew’s safety is of the utmost importance and we assist each team member with obtaining OSHA certification. Our roofers are accompanied by a material runner who brings materials to the job site, thus allowing our projects to run smoother and without delay. We also supply our crew with any and all tools necessary to complete the job efficiently and effectively. Our stocked warehouse allows for easy transitions between jobs and working days.We take great pride in our workmanship, therefore we ensure that each team member is properly trained and certified to install the materials used for each type of project. With all the material and safety training, tool supply, and family-like atmosphere, our roofers are some of the happiest in South Florida!
Just as we value our customers, we value our employees and we like to make sure that each team member is genuinely happy. We consider every single team member as family. Whether in sales, on our crew, or working in the office, the ONEWAY employees are apart of a bigger project… loving on our Palm Beach community. We keep God first, Employees second, and Customers third. With our priorities in that order, we feel that we can achieve much more success in years to come. So, please… join our amazing team!
For more info on career opportunities with ONEWAY ROOFING, visit the link below.
13 Apr 2016
In our previous blog we discussed how to prepare your roof and gutters for the spring season. Preparing the rest of your home is just as necessary and we would like to remind you of a few things to help you with the process.
In a humid area like south florida, algae and mildew frequently grow on siding. You can clean your vinyl, brick, stucco, or wood siding with mild soap and water. To do this you can use a brush and a garden hose with a spray nozzle. A pressure washer is not recommended in this do it yourself situation. Using a pressure washer can allow water to rush underneath the siding. This water then leads to walls and insulation which also causes mold growth. If you have this process professionally done, it could range anywhere from $300- $500.
In our hot state, you need your AC to work as efficiently as possible. It is important make sure that your AC compressor is free of any plant growth. Spring is a perfect time to get rid of all and anything surrounding this area.
Another important thing to do during this time is to check weather seals around windows and doors. Over time caulk can harden or crack so it is important to repair or replace them as needed. This will help keep the cost of your electric bill lower and can prevent water from leaking into your home as well.
While checking window areas you may also want to clean and repair screens. If you are trying to reduce your electric bill, this is a plus as well. By making sure these are functional, you can keep your windows open this season and use less air conditioning.
Always make sure that you keep up with your home maintenance and enjoy the wonderful season. Thank you for reading!
-Colleen, ONEWAY ROOFING
For more Florida roofing related questions, visit our website: www.onewayroof.com or email email@example.com