As the roof gets dirty due to mold, dust and tree sap, it requires cleaning. Cleaning a roof is not an easy job as it involves safety hazards. That is why it is advised by the best roofing contractors in West Palm Beach and Jupiter area to hire a professional company to perform the job. Still if you are thinking to take the risk, make sure you take the following safety measures:
- Use a sturdy ladder to climb up safely to the roof top. Note that the tiles or shingles will become extremely slippery when wet thus it may be necessary to use a harness.
- It will be a good idea to wear boots with non skid soles in order to avoid slippage.
- Tie garbage bags on all down spouts so that the chemical does not spill over the surrounding areas. Gather all the tools that you need to successfully accomplish the job.
- In order to protect your eyes and hands from coming in contact with the chemical solution, wear protective goggles and heavy rubber gloves.
- Prepare the solution in a large bucket and use a garden hose to spray it all over the surface. Make sure that the areas that look most dirty receive special attention.
- Scrub the surface gently.
- Be sure to rinse off the downspouts and the gutters in order to remove the corrosive cleaning solution from the metal.
One way roofing is known as the best roofer contractors in West Palm Beach and Jupiter area. The firm has a flawless customer satisfaction history since 1995. As the leading Roofing Contractors, we believe that there is only one way to do a job, the right way. Our crews are made up of experienced roofers who commit to following our high standard of quality. Everything is done the right way the first time, making sure you get the highest possible quality thus extending the life of your roof to its maximum potential.