01 Dec 2016
Have you ever had a regretful experience with a contractor who did work on your home? Hopefully not—but those of you who have, know that it is very upsetting. Here are a few tips on how to find the right roofing contractor for your home:
- License and Insurance- Always make sure that the company you’re working with is licensed and insured. A reputable company will provide proof of license and insurance documents upon request. It is equally important that all of these are up to date. For example, our documents are posted here on our website for you to view.
- Pricing- Don’t choose your contractor just because the price is unbeatable. Any company that has overhead and proper insurance, has to price accordingly to cover these costs. You get what you pay for and you may end up paying more later if the job isn’t done correctly.
- Job Details- Always make sure that you receive a written estimate before work is started. The estimate should list all job details and pricing for you to sign off on. At ONEWAY ROOFING, every customer receives a FREE estimate.
- Research- Always do your research when choosing a Roofer. Make sure they have multiple worthy reviews and have satisfactory ratings with the Better Business Bureau.
Your money and time is valuable, so don’t give it to a company who doesn’t think so.
02 Aug 2016
Do you have a home project to do list that you’d love to complete but can’t seem to get around to it? Don’t worry, you’re not the only one. While thinking of this subject I came across a few pointers that could help you put your mind to your little—or BIG home projects.
Make yourself a reasonable date on your calendar to get your project started. Being patient will give you time to prepare and ensure that you get it done right! Everything turns out better when you are patient. Don’t forget to mark off your accomplished tasks along the way!
- Save the date! Make yourself a reasonable date on your calendar to get your project started. Being patient will give you time to prepare and ensure that you get it done right! Everything turns out better when you are patient. Don’t forget to mark off your accomplished tasks along the way!
- Save up! With your to do list in mind, it would be a great idea to save up some extra funds for your project until it’s time to get started. Who knows if there’s some aspect of your project that you didn’t know to include. Now you’re covered!
- Research! Make sure to search around for the best bargains. If you need contracted work then check reviews for the most reputable companies in your area ensuring that your investment is worth it.
- Have fun! Keeping up your home can be so much fun as long as it’s done the right way. Besides, why not have a beautiful home to go with your beautiful roof!
Thank you for reading our tips and remember to email us at email@example.com for any Florida roofing questions.
-Colleen, ONEWAY ROOFING
22 Jul 2016
As you may have heard us say plenty of times, your roof is by far one of your most important aspects to your home– so we will continue to educate you on how to take care of it. No one likes spending money and that’s a great reason to take good care of your roof. You don’t want to pay for extra damage in the long run. That being said, we would like to bring up a new subject that you may have thought about yourself. Can you repair your own roof? We highly advise you not to and here’s why!
We’ll start out by mentioning that roofing is intense, hot and hard work. But more important than the hard labor, you might even damage your roof further. If you don’t know what you’re doing, just walking on your roof can cause damage to shingles or tiles. If you don’t take things like proper ventilation into consideration, you can cause your roof to start leaking. When your roof doesn’t have the right ventilation, this cause your attic to draw in moisture.
Also, how do you know if your roof doesn’t have more extensive damage than you think? Did you know that by the time you actually notice the leaking on your ceiling, the damage could be far worse than you think. If this isn’t fixed the right way, you could end up having to pay a roofer down the road for way more than you would have if you would’ve brought the smaller leak to their attention.
Our roofers wear special equipment while they work to ensure their safety. If you are repairing your roof without this safety gear, then you are in danger. This could raise the price that you originally intended to pay as well. We know that you don’t have any intentions of attending the ER anytime in the near future over a roof repair.
Our point is, if you try to repair your roof yourself then it can most definitely cause more damage and is hazardous. If you need your roof repaired then give an experienced roofing company a call and ask for an estimate. Here at ONEWAY, they’re free for your convenience!
-Colleen, ONEWAY ROOFING
For more Florida roofing related questions, visit our website: www.onewayroof.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
20 Jun 2016
At ONEWAY ROOFING, our goal is to achieve peace of mind for all of our customers. Part of that mission is helping you understand the steps to maintain your roof. Roof maintenance tips aren’t always just about the simple routine inspections. Here are a couple things to watch out for during the upkeep of your roof.
Roof maintenance is absolutely necessary. By upkeeping your roof, you can prevent major costs down the road. When performing maintenance checks, it is important to make sure that you check for cracked, missing, loose or damaged tiles and shingles. Your gutters should also be cleaned regularly. In Florida we experience a heavy amount of rainfall. As a result, a lot of debris is trapped in this area.
Gutters are a vital part of your roof. If the issue is not assessed, the water can back up and eventually cause mold, mildew and other roof related issues. Since we do experience rainfall all year round, branches and rubbish might fall onto your roof. It is a good idea to just remove any of this to avoid things like unwanted growth and moisture.
Keeping your roof clean is another way to help your roof last longer. Pressure washing is an option but should only be done by a professional and someone who is experienced in the roofing industry. Pressure washing your roof can cause damage and even force water underneath the shingles if the process is not done properly. Some cleaning solutions can also cause damage to the roof and even run off into the grass and kill plant life! Walking on a wet roof can also be very dangerous. Remember, safety always comes first!
-Colleen, ONEWAY ROOFING
For more info on roofing maintenance, visit our website: www.onewayroof.com or email email@example.com
The green spots on several areas of the roof are symptoms of the algae residing on top of your roof from quite a long time. This growth not only has a tendency to spread to the other parts of the house but also it can eat off several years from the total stated life of your roof system. So it is a good idea to think about it and take action. You can clean your mossy roof yourself by performing these simple steps but if you had never been on the roof before, BEWARE that the job involves safety risks and should better be left to the discretion of professionals of One Way Roofing which is renowned roof repair company in Jupiter.
- Cover all the landscaping including plantation and outdoor flooring with a plastic sheet in order to prevent them from coming in touch with the cleaning chemicals.
- Use a soft bristle brush to scrub the roof gently. Try to remove as much moss as possible. This will in turn help the chemical penetrate easily and work efficiently.
- Now take a bucket and mix equal portions of chlorine and water in it. Fill the mixture in a garden hose and spray it all over the surface paying special attention to the areas that still look mossy.
- Let the mixture stay on the surface for maximum 30 minutes no longer than that.
- Rinse the solution using a garden hose. Rinse thoroughly so that no traces of the mixture remain.
It is important to take all the safety measures while performing the job such as wearing gloves and goggles.
One Way Roofing has a flawless customer satisfaction history since 1995. We as best roof repair company and contractors in Jupiter, believe that there is only one way to do a job, the right way. Our crews are made up of experienced roofers who commit to following our high standard of quality. Everything is done the right way the first time, making sure you get the highest possible quality thus extending the life of your roof to its maximum potential.